On February 4, 1983, Karen Carpenter became a Star in Heaven. To commemorate the Anniversary of her passing, once a year on Superbowl Sunday, we offer a tour of Karen Carpenter locations in Southern California.
The non-comprehensive, just for fun (and love) tour will last no less than 4 and no more than 5 hours. It is jam-packed with more Karen and Richard than you can beat off with a stick.
- We’ll meet at the Dearly Departed Tours office where you can ooh and ahh over the bathroom sink from Karen’s last home.
- We’ll then depart for some of the Carpenter’s LA haunts, favorite restaurants, recording studios and performing spots.
- We’ll travel to Downey to see the home that Karen and Richard bought for their parents, and where Karen collapsed on the morning of her death.
- We’ll then travel to the hospital, funeral home and church where Karen’s funeral took place.
- At some point we’ll stop for a quick bite to eat at the scene of one of Karen’s last meals.
- Then we’ll hit the road to Thousand Oaks to pay our respects to the lady herself.
As far as we know this is a once in a lifetime (or at least pretty rare) opportunity. A portion of the ticket money for this tour will be donated to the National Eating Disorders Association.