Tragical History Tour
- Multimedia Bus Tour
- Hollywood Celebrity Tour
- See the homes and locations through Los Angeles and the Sunset Strip where your favorite celebrities lived and died.
- Including the restaurant where Sharon Tate had her “Last Supper” to the pay phone in front of The Viper Room used for the River Phoenix 911 call.
- We will cover Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, John Belushi, as well as Bela Lugosi, The Black Dahlia, and more.
Helter Skelter Tour
- Multimedia Bus Tour
- We reconstruct the lives of both killers and victims in the hours leading up to these horrific crimes.
- We’ll discuss the myths and motivations for this legendary case that brought an end to the Decade of LOVE.
- Hosted by Scott Michaels – creator of the documentary The Six Degrees of Helter Skelter.
- Scott also worked directly with Quentin Tarantino as consultant on the film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019).
Homicide True Crime Tour
- Dearly Departed Tours’ curator Scott Michaels has personally assembled a collection of True Crime stories around LA that are so very gruesome, so “out-there”, they deserve their own tour.
- Decapitation, strangulation, a chainsaw, arson, call-girl/prostitution murders, spree and serial killers and a PLANE CRASH all around the Hollywood and West Hollywood area.
- Not for the faint of heart or the prissy, this is our grisliest tour yet!
DEARLY DEPARTED TOURS
CELEBRITY DEATH & SCANDAL
Dearly Departed Tours’ founder Scott Michaels is the authority on the Dark Side of Hollywood. Our standard Dearly Departed Tour is a multimedia Hollywood bus tour like no other. Explore cases like Manson, Janis, Whitney and Michael, and lesser-known celebrities with even more spectacular exits. You’ll also see the final resting places of Marilyn, Natalie, Farrah and more. Peppered with crime scene photographs and audio clips (including 911 calls), the tour has earned its consistent 5-star ratings.
ANN M. ON TRIPADVISOR
If you have time for one activity while you’re in Los Angeles, make it a Dearly Departed tour. Dearly Departed offers the absolute best L.A.-related tours available. I’ve been on three of their special excursions, and each one was brilliantly done.
MADALINE R. ON TRIPADVISOR
I highly recommend this tour! I’m a bit of a crime buff but my partner isn’t and he enjoyed it just as much. We saw iconic sights as well as crime sights and the knowledge of the tour guide is just incredible. […] We were kept entertained, informed and laughing throughout our tour. Thank you for an unforgettable experience, we had so much fun!
TRENT K. ON FACEBOOK
We did the Helter Skelter Tour for my birthday. It was truly great! Scott was more than knowledgeable–he was quite passionate. It was on overall joy and we look forward to going on more tours offered in the future.